Ya’ll… It’s 50 degrees and therefore I’m in a parka… Brrrrr!
So it just makes sense to make a big batch of soup in the CrockPot. This time… Spicy Taco Soup (my ultimate fave soup everrrrrrr)!
Spicy Taco Soup
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of meat (ground turkey or beef)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with Habeneros
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- Shredded cheese
- Avocado (optional but highly recommended)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Open cans.
- Dump them in the CrockPot (along with the seasoning packets). DO NOT DRAIN ANY OF THE CANS BEFORE DUMPING! I promise… You want all those juices to form your delicious soup!
- Brown the meat.
- Dump it in the CrockPot.
- Cook on HIGH for about 3 hours or until warm all the way through.
- Serve HOT with sliced avocado, cheese, and Fritos on top. Mmmmmm. 🙂
Ta-da! This is THE BEST recipe to start in the morning and come home to in the afternoon piping hot and ready for you to eat. And it is so easy. That’s my main criteria for recipes if you haven’t noticed.
Also, I’d love to hear about your taco soup variations!! The best thing about this recipe is that I tweak it a little every time to make it slightly different than before! What will you do with your taco soup??