More sweet potatoes = More sweet potato recipes!
I initially wanted to make some sweet potato tater tots, but my food processor is packed in a box somewhere. Loft life… Soooo I opted to make homestyle fries (basically cubed hashbrowns)! YUM!
The only problem… Will wanted sweet brown cinnamon sugar fries, and I wanted salty parmesan cheese fries. Solution? Make both!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 sweet potatoes
- For the sweet version: 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- For the salty version: 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, pinch of salt
Easy-peasy. I actually made a half batch of each 🙂
Here’s what you need to do:
- Let the sweet potatoes boil in water for about 5 minutes or until soft on the inside. I poked holes with a fork all over the potatoes… It helps the water steam them more quickly!
- Remove the soft potatoes from the water. Cut the potatoes in half and use a fork to remove the skin from them. I promise it’ll come off really smoothly with a fork!
- Chop, chop, chop! Cube up the potatoes as small as you can.
- Add your “seasonings”, whether sweet or salty.
- Take a teaspoon and scoop your seasoned potatoes onto a well-oiled baking sheet. I did this to spread them apart and make sure that they all cooked evenly.
- 10 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees, and you’re done!
Yum yum! Will loved his sweet homestyle fries, and I favored my cheesy ones! Enjoy them both, and tell us your favorite! Also, let me know if you try a different seasoning! The possibilities are endless 🙂