This week my father-in-love got two 40 lb. boxes of sweet potatoes from a nearby farm. That’s 80 pounds of potatoes. That’s a lot of potatoes!!
So naturally we brought some home, and I’ll be experimenting with sweet potato recipes all week!
First up: 30-minute BAKED Sweet Potato Fries
What you’ll need:
- 2 or 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
What you’ll do:
- Slice up your sweet potatoes nice and thin.
- Let the sliced potatoes soak in water for about 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Drain the water and add your flour. Shake to lightly coat all of your fries with the flour.
- On a well-oiled baking sheet, lay all of your fries out flat. Be sure they don’t touch (unless you want one big blob!)
- Make a mixture of the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the mixture onto the fries.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove your fries from the oven, flip them, sprinkle the other half of the cinnamon sugar mixture (along with some more oil if they’re looking dry) on your fries.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
Ta-da! The result will be crispy-on-the-outside yet soft-on-the-inside sweet potato fries!! They were delicious! I think I found my new quick and easy side dish!