With the holiday season sneaking up on us fast, I think that I’m going to make FriYAY Faves a new feature on my blog. In other words, every Friday I’ll introduce to you 5 things that will make you say YAY! And then you can add them to your wishlists 🙂 There are so many talented people out there, so I’m going to try to make a point to choose mostly local or artisan vendors, some of which are even good friends… I like showing off people I know! Hope you like them too!
1. Rifle Paper Co. “In Bloom” Puffin Books Series ($16 each & $64 for the set) – I love books. I really super duper love Rifle Paper Co. and have been obsessed with Anna’s designs for quite some time now. Now just imagine colliding the two loves together into the most beautifully designed covers of the most precious texts. Voila! I especially love the Heidi cover with its lime greens and pinks. It would just look too good on my bookshelf!
2. Sturdy Brothers “The Snow Tote Bag” ($110) – These guys (as I’ve said before) are the real deal, and they make some fantastic products for men and women. I especially love this tote because either Will or I could use it… But obviously it would be mine. Roomy and sturdy enough to store books, a laptop, and other odds-and-ends, but fashionable enough to carry with you to dinner out on the town. I love the stripes, but they also have it in a gorgeous navy blue!
3. Letters + Light Fall Wreath Print ($30) – My friend Lindsay is insanely talented. She designed all of our wedding paper goods, and it was a dream to hear about her passion for typography, design, and photography as we got to know one another. Now she has a shop where you can find some LOVELY paper goods, including cards, prints, and even wedding suites. Her Fall Wreath Print 1 is at the top of my list for things I must have for our new home. (Note: I have an unhealthy obsession with all things floral 🙂 )
4. Anthro 67 Collection Judit Booties ($168) – I’ve determined that to go along with my 3 pair of tall boots (no obsession there…), I should invest in a pair of booties this fall. Really, I just want to look trendy rather than farmer when I wear my oversized plaid shirts with scarves. These may not be my dream boot (I’m considering laces… you’ll see more boots next week), but I really love the metallic edginess that peers through the cutouts in the leather. Might just have to try them on for size…
5. Speakable “Be Still” Bar Necklace ($45) – I stumbled across Gracie Gordon and her lovely necklaces via the BlogHer network, and boy am I glad I did!! Based out of NYC, Gracie is a smart, sweet, Christian business woman that has merged her passion for jewelry and her passion for encouraging words into some fabulous pieces. From Bible verses to empowering verbs (right now she’s got some tribute pieces for Breast Cancer Awareness Month) to positive reminders, these necklaces are the epitome of positive fashion. And they look great layered as well!
Talented, talented people make beautiful, beautiful things. Until next week… 🙂