Ya’ll are going to think I’m cuckoo because my next few blogs may be all about getting free things/ $$$. I promise that I’m not crazy… But who doesn’t love pinching some pennies, am I right??
So I already posted about Influenster (an awesome site that allows you to become a product tester). But today my app obsession is one that actually gets you cold hard cash. Legit!
Imagine Plato’s Closet in app form and you get Vinted. There are quite a few apps out there where you can sell your clothes and accessories (Tradesy is another… but it’s really more for high end items and wedding things). However, I have had the most success with Vinted…
And it’s so easy!
Here’s a play-by-play of how it works. And ladies, I know you’ll want to hear this because everyone is about to do a winter closet raid before putting those clothes away for spring, am I right?
1. Download the Vinted app and make an account. Boom! You’re a part of the club.
2. Take photos of any items you want to sell and put them in your “closet”. When you upload your photos, you can also describe the item, pick the size, and name your price.
3. Wait for a buyer. Now this is really the hardest part haha. While you can sell, you can also buy or “swap”. I don’t swap because I don’t need new clothes. BUT I’ve found one of the best ways to find a buyer for your things is to like other people’s things that you like! People with similar taste will then take a look at your closet, and Voila! You’ve get a sale before you know it! Another little tip… You can see when people like your items. I have a copy/paste message ready to go each time a person likes one of my items to let them know that my prices are flexible and I give discounts on multiple item “bundles”. This generates a personal touch to their shopping experience… and it works 🙂
4. Once you’ve made your sale, Vinted provides you with a free shipping label. Say what?! They pay for shipping?! Yes, they do 🙂 Now there is a small cut into the percentage you get from the sale (for a $10 item you get about $8.10… still more than you’d dream of at Plato’s), but it’s reasonable since all you really have to do is have a pack of manilla envelopes ready, print your label, and stick it in the mailbox. No trips to the post office. No paying a ton out of pocket for shipping. They really take care of you and even track the package and let you know when the other person receives it.
5. So the girl you just sent your old pair of jeans just got her package… Now what about my money?! Patience is a virtue, and in only 3 days time the money is ready in your “Payout” fund. You can manage you payouts and have them deposited directly into your checking account. Magic. And that’s it!
So far I’ve made $130 on Vinted. I’ve had my account for a month, and I’ve only sold 10 items. Pretty sweet, huh? And as far as the payout being reliable, it really is. The money was in my account within a day or two and there’s no strings attached. Just cash for clothes that are good for somebody, just not me!
As you do some spring cleaning, check out Vinted. With a little bit of time to photograph your old clothes and patience to wait for a buyer, you’ll be happy you did!
Ps. If you’d like to go shopping in my closet… Here it is!! Happy shopping 🙂