So the list begins now!
Start date: June 24, 2012
End date: March 22, 2015
Goals completed: 39/101
Start and keep up with a blog weekly for a year!52/52 Write a letter to myself to open at the end of 1001 days.6/25/12 Kayak down a river and end up in the ocean.7/13/14 Eat a strictly paleo diet for 2 months.7/23/12 – 7/23/12 (& beyond!)
- Hit at the batting cages.
Get married.7/13/13 Decorate a house to my liking.August 2014 Read all of the unread books on my bookshelf.12/14/14 Ride in a hot air balloon.5/22/14 Buy my own car!12/22/12 Run a half marathon at Disney.2/24/13
- Learn to sew with a sewing machine.
Get’s my Master’s degree.12/13/13 Get a real teaching job in a public school system.12/13/13 Buy some furniture from a thrift store and refurbish it.6/21/13
- Get a puppy!
- Have a full garden that provides all veggies for a summer.
- Go on a week-long roadtrip without any plans.
- Shake the hand of a famous person I respect.
- Have one week without a mirror. 0/7
- Ask my grandparents to individually tell me their testimonies. 1/2
Go to Last Resort Grill in Athens, GA for a special occasion.12/1/12
- Plan a huge reunion event for all of my college friends at my home.
Take a painting class.7/26/12 Memorize a Bible verse a week for 6 months.24/24
- Ride a 4-wheeler through a huge mud puddle.
- Make a cd with one song representing each year of my life.
- Follow the Dawgs to an away game that I’ve never been to before.
- Read the Bible from cover to cover.
- Go to a Crossfit gym.
- Set aside $10 for each goal completed & donate it to ugaMiracle. 12/101 (DM2013)… 17/101 (DM2014)… 10/101 (2015)
- Make my own photograph word art.
Go on an amazing vacation to a far away place.7/14/13-7/21/13
- Learn to tie a bow tie.
- Take a picture by every “Welcome to” state sign. 6/50
Be in a photoshoot.11/2/12
- Go geocaching with Fenn.
- Complete 10 random acts of kindness. 3/10
- Help my mom get the yard ready for spring.
- Write a song for someone.
- Shoot a gun.
- Take a picture every day for a whole month. 0/31
- Convince Will to make a 101 in 1001 list. 🙂
- Spend the day with a homeless person
Get really comfortable playing the guitar and perform somewhere.9/14/13
- Buy nothing for myself (aside from food) for one month. 0/1
- Take dad to lunch one day on his lunch hour.
Try to eat a tomato… Ehhhh.8/17/12
- Buy stock in something.
- Ask a different person if I can pray for them every day for 2 weeks. 0/14
- Go to Washington D.C.
Be a part of a real flash mob.4/26/13 Give other people presents on my birthday.10/26/14
- Do 8-minute abs every day for a month. 0/31
Play 18 holes of golf.10/10/14
- Organize a girl’s retreat for the youth gals.
Finally purchase and use real make-up.6/26/13
- Don’t eat out for 1 month. 0/1
- Learn how to make chocolate from a real chocolatier.
- Start a ministry for people with disabilities at a church.
Feel fit enough to run in my sports bra.2/24/13 Write at least 1 letter weekly for 6 months.24/24
- Get one of my research articles published.
- Learn sign language.
Have a month of “awesome”.30/30
- Make a college scrapbook.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Talk using an accent for an entire day in a place no one knows me.
- Say “yes” to everything for one day. (secret mission)
- Go to 3 national parks. 0/3
Watch the sun rise and set on the same day.7/2/12
- See the northern lights.
- Take a cooking class with a fancy chef.
- Learn to knit/ crochet.
Pick a famous woman that is admirable and read her biography.Yes, Please – 1/28/15 Have a year of cookies (one new cookie recipe a month).12/12
- Go fishing in the ocean.
- Be in a musical.
Surprise someone in a big way.12/11/14 Start a new tradition.12/21/13 – Target Stocking-Stuffer Christmas 🙂 Unplug from all technology for one week.1/1 (7/14/13-7/22/13)
- Finish cross-stitching that stocking.
- Buy a piano.
- Take my parents on vacation and do not let them plan a thing!
- Give blood to the American Red Cross.
Visit a real vineyard.10/26/13 Give a 100% tip to a waiter/waitress that really deserves it.12/17/14
- Answer the 50 questions that will free your mind and share my thoughts with other people. 0/50
- Lead a small group.
Introduce someone to their spouse.8.24.13 & 9.21.13 Vote.11/6/12
- Start seriously saving.
Be a bridesmaid. 9.21.13
- Give 1,000,000 grains of rice using freerice.com. 10,000/1,000,000 6/25/12-
Give a bag of clothes to someone in need.11/13/12
- Visit 5 museums. 0/5
- Pay for the person behind me’s meal in the drive-thru line.
- Be an extra in a movie.
- Watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- On day 1001, make a new list with anything not completed on this one and many many more new adventures!
I’ll blog about each as they’re being completed. 🙂 Happy goal-achieving!